The Sewickley Water Authority’s mission is to proudly serve our customers and to help the communities we serve thrive by providing quality water at an affordable price. Our organizational values are excellence, integrity, and professionalism. Our vision of success is strong fiscal planning, operational efficiency, and systematic infrastructure investment.
The Commissioners of Sewickley Water Works were established in 1873. In 1948 the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PAPUC) ordered the Sewickley Water Works to assume operation of the failing Haysville Water Company. In 1980 as result of PAPUC regulation the Commissioners of Sewickley Water Works were dissolved and reorganized as the current Borough of Sewickley Water Authority (the Authority).
Our water system consists of three sources of water intakes (two wells and a crib), a treatment plant, one covered reservoir, one storage tank, two pump stations, about 40 miles of main line piping, approximately 2,200 customer service connections and meters, nearly 300 fire hydrants, and more than 1,200 main line valves.
The Authority office is located on the second floor of the Sewickley Borough building at 601 Thorn Street.